JOB DESCRIPTION The Account Executive (“AE”) is an outside field sales representative role responsible for selling Client software and services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The AE will reach his or her targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites. The AE will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. The ability to independently develop a significant portion of a sales pipeline and in-person presentation skills are essential for this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase sales by cold calling, working professional networks and leveraging marketing-generated leads
• Conduct a minimum of 30 sales discussions and 8 product demos per month
• Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for sales growth
• Perform presentations of demonstrations of company software products on-site and via web conferencing
• Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from existing customer base
• Overcome objections of prospective customers
• Communicate product benefits, quote prices, and prepare proposals.
• Coordinate with internal resources to scope implementations and prepare contracts
• Use CRM software to track all aspects of prospects, opportunities, and sales
• Maintain accurate records including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, and other documentation required for the role
• Highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiations skills with the ability to effectively communicate with C-level executives and line of business representatives
• Ability to penetrate accounts and represent the broader Halo value proposition as well as specific Sales and Forecasting-based value and capability messaging
• Preferred 5 years job-related experience
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Understanding of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and/or Finance a plus
• Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
• Strong initiative, ability to self-manage and also work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
• Understanding of business intelligence and Data Warehouse concepts a plus
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Travel as needed (25-50%)
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Bachelor degree or Equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of Enterprise Software Platforms such as JDE, AX, Oracle EBS, etc. a plus
***Must successfully complete and clear a criminal background check.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain
• Basic business computer skills – Microsoft Suite, email, Skype, Go To Meeting, etc.
The Timberline Group
PO Box 565, Sullivan, Mo 63080
"Delivering quality solutions through quality people"