We are seeking a Head of IT Customer Applications to join the Information Technology Team and serve as a key leader for our St. Louis based client. This role will have broad ownership that encompasses almost all aspects of our customer facing applications including our marketing e-commerce, learning platforms, QA systems, production support, and the integrations between those systems. The ideal candidate is a collaborative, confident and competent team leader and trusted IT business partner with a strong orientation for building highly effective teams, process and data driven decision making, and delivering on key initiatives with direct business value. In addition, the ideal candidate must be flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment – balancing both strategic business initiatives and the tactical daily IT needs of the business.
Position Requirements & Major Responsibilities
• Act as the technical lead for the customer facing applications
• Lay out and execute on strategic initiatives
• Manage a growing team of IT professionals and developers
• Be responsible for delivering on committed timelines for both tactical and strategic projects
• Champion the use of Agile and Kanban methodologies in our teams
• Guide the technical direction for the customer facing application stack and work with
engineering and business leadership to influence major technical decisions that affect the entire company.
• Work closely with key stakeholders to build and maintain a strategic roadmap of customer
facing application initiatives.
• Ensure the customer facing application leadership team is actively grooming a complex backlog of projects
• Help to improve the development process of the customer facing applications team to optimize for delivery and predictability
• Create an engineering culture of ownership, accountability, testing, and measurement
• Be a talent builder to attract, mentor, and retain best in class engineers
Prior Experience & Credentials Required
• Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Well versed in the following technologies and industry best practices: Agile, .Net, C#,
microservices, domain driven design, SQL Server, automated QA testing, unit testing, web
technologies (Angular, PHP, HTML, CSS, etc.)
• 10 to 15+ years of experience building software in roles of increasing responsibility and technical capability
• 5+ years of experience managing a team of 25+ engineers
• Bachelor’s (or Master’s degree) in Computer Science or related field required
• Some travel required
• Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, presentation, and
• Excellent organization and follow-through skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with limited daily supervision
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively across the IT, Product, and Business teams and with key business stakeholders
The Timberline Group
623 Missouri Ave #104, Sullivan, Mo 63080
"Delivering quality solutions through quality people"