Internal Auditor is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits, including IT, support of external audit activities, and assisting with other audit matters and special projects. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform internal audit assignments in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Prepares audit plans and understands the specific issues to be evaluated.
- Performs audit fieldwork (testing) and prepares organized workpapers that support audit project findings.
- Identifies, understands, and documents processes and procedures surrounding internal controls, and implements new controls as necessary.
- Advises manager of any potential audit issues or job overruns in a timely manner and proposes solutions to balance/handle the variance from plan.
- Recommends and/or supports process development and improvement strategies. Serves as a resource to help achieve departmental and corporate objectives. May work with internal clients to implement process improvements.
- Builds relationships with internal clients; works collaboratively with others to understand the business model and customer objectives in order to develop and execute appropriate audits.
- Prepares reports detailing the results of the audit work performed and any potential improvement opportunities identified during the project.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex auditing and accounting issues.
- Coordinates activities with external auditors to support their audit and review procedures.
- Contribute ideas and opinions to the Internal Audit Team.
- Seeks, learns, and uses new audit skills and techniques.
- Other related duties as necessary to meet departmental and corporate objectives
Experience, Qualifications, and Education
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, computer science, or management information systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Related Work Experience: 2+ years of internal auditing or public accounting experience
- Related Work Experience relating to general IT controls, application controls, system implementations and security.
- Preferred Certifications and/or Licenses or advanced degree: CIA, CPA, CISA, CISSP, or Masters
- General understanding of the COSO framework, risk assessment, control analysis and audit methodologies including internal control concepts
- Preferred knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Preferred experience with SOC1 and SOC2 audits
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing clear, straightforward, and professional manner