IT Support Analyst -Level I Helpdesk
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
IT Support Analyst will provide excellent customer service through incoming phone calls to the IT Service Desk while assisting customers with routine incidents and routing tickets to appropriate teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstration of excellent customer service skills with frequent customer interaction.
- Will answer all incoming technical phone calls through the Service Desk and gather appropriate information; quickly gain the skill to interpret and differentiate incoming customer technical requests, questions, concerns, incidents and in turn have a strong knowledge and understanding of how to direct / expedite these requests onto the appropriate support teams to achieve resolution.
- Use procedures, policy, knowledge base information, and other reference materials to provide incident resolution and closure for routine user problems; Route tickets for issues which cannot be resolved at Level 1 to the appropriate group.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Assist with coordination of third party support technicians via telephone and email to schedule on site visits for hardware/software issues.
- Assist customers via phone regarding status of active service desk tickets.
- Open / properly categorize tickets using Microsoft Dynamics CRM case management system for reported issues.
- Document detail of customer interactions accordingly and provide follow up as needed.
- Escalate reported issues to the appropriate service desk tier / management for diagnosis and resolution.
- Act as backup administrator for monitoring of the Service Desk email.
- Train on an as-needed basis
- Complete miscellaneous projects/duties as assigned by management
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in a professional manner.
- Superior listening skills – Ability to listen carefully and understand a customer’s situation clearly in order to help them.
- Strong customer service skills – Ability to properly handle customer requests, concerns, etc. in a patient, helpful and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to create positive interactions with customers and peers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team to efficiently and effectively resolve customer concerns or issues.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to a constant changing environment.
- Understanding of basic computer/network concepts and experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- High call volume experience.