System Support Specialist to take over all aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our systems. This position is primarily responsible for the monitoring, security and efficient operation of our IT systems both physical and virtual. Systems include, but are not limited to Microsoft 365, Exchange and SharePoint and server administration in Azure virtual environments.
Additional responsibilities include installing and configuring applications, implementing and operating system monitoring tools and ordering and maintaining hardware. The ideal candidate would have the desire to identify new areas of improvement to mitigate security vulnerabilities and develop and carry out information security plans and policies. Anyone who takes the position should expect to bring new skills and approaches to meeting IT challenges. As the primary front line of support for our team, you will gain plenty of valuable experience.
- System Administration for all core IT infrastructure including but not limited to Servers, DCs, Firewalls, O365, Azure, IIS, MSSQL etc.
- Support and maintain Active Directory including new and existing users and managing GPO.
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information. Design and maintain annual information security awareness.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Develop and implement project plans for enhancements to IT infrastructure.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures.
- Setup and maintain PCs for employees and help new users get oriented with company systems.
- Support assistance of client systems.