As Head of Engineering, E-Commerce, you will have very broad ownership that encompasses almost all consumer-facing commerce pieces of our platform. Your teams will work on applications that generate more traffic on the site with strong SEO practices, collect payment via secure payment platforms and everything in between. This position will be responsible for project execution across multiple teams, along with process improvement within the entire engineering organization.
- Be responsible for project delivery of all commerce related features
- Guide the technical direction for the entire commerce stack and work with the engineering leadership to influence major technical decisions that affect the entire company
- Work closely with the executive management team and product management to implement and constantly groom a complex backlog of projects focusing primarily the customer purchase journey.
- Help to improve the development process of the e-commerce teams to optimize for delivery and predictability
- Create an engineering culture of ownership, accountability, testing, and measurement.
- Be a talent builder to attract, mentor, and retain best in class engineers.
- Obsessive about customer experience - everything from beautiful web experiences to latency and back-end scalability
- Well versed on web technologies and industry best practices
- Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborative and candid with non-engineering stakeholders including Product Managers and UX
- 8 to 10 years of experience building software in roles of increasing responsibility and technical capability
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers of 10 or more
- 3+ years of experience building a high-volume, high-performance consumer website
- Prior experience in a senior engineer or architect role
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of Best in Class Commerce Platforms
- Experience with NetSuite