The Xamarin Senior Developer, Mobile & Internet, works with other members of the New Product Development team, with primary responsibility to design, develop and enhance innovations on a variety of technical platforms. Candidates must have in-depth software development experience and experience in agile development methodologies.
This developer will play key roles in the design, build, testing and launch of industry-changing applications considered critical to our overall company growth strategies, and will be chartered with working within a team that rapidly launches innovative web, mobile and decision tool products. The Senior Developer will set architecture directions and perform research tasks in the evaluation of technologies that are to be considered for products, and mentor other team members as continuously raises standards. A candidate must be experienced in all stages of the software development life cycle Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Construction and Implementation. The candidate must also have excellent people skills and be resourceful as an occasional technical team product leader.
This is an opportunity to work within a tight knit Agile team that is highly committed to technical innovation and continual improvement.
Strong communication skills, analytics and decisive insight are critical for this position. Must be able to multi-task with efficiency and meet the expectations of both internal and external customers while working autonomously. Aptitude for learning and a passion for technology will be a strong fit for both this organization and development team. This is a cohesive environment, where focus and action are critical and success is greatly rewarded as software development is key for our growth and the overall success of our business.
- Participation in functional specifications, user story definition, prototyping, and story point estimation for projects.
- Participation in evaluation and prototyping of new technologies, coding practices, or third party technology for use in products.
- Design and develop software solutions that solve industry / client / driver problems discovered by product management.
- Testing of products under development with department’s Test Driven Development Agile practices or by supporting traditional Quality Assurances processes. Automated test script development in conjunction with supporting continuous deployment and integration.
- Support technical innovations developed for purposes of sales demonstrations of strong technical capabilities.
- Perform an active role in technical leadership, architecture strategy, and overseeing other team member’s work.
- Review and understand existing technologies, standards, processes and policies as a basis for recommendations.
- Participate in architecture review, project design, and code reviews.
Qualifications and Skills
- Full Stack Developer
- .Net WebApi / MVC
- SQL Server
- Unit testing, dependency injection, TDD, mocking frameworks
- Microsoft .NET Framework up to and including 4.6+
- Automated Build, Test & Deployment Technologies (e.g., Git, Stash, Octopus, Jenkins, TeamCity, Veracode, MSTest, nUnit, etc.)
- Mobile/Wireless and Compact Device development tools, frameworks and technologies
- Proficient with MS productivity products including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
What can we offer?
- Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, XP)
- Continuous Integration
- NoSQL Databases
- 100% premium-paid medical insurance for employee-only-coverage
- 100% premium-paid dental insurance for employee-only-coverage
- 100% premium-paid vision insurance for employee-only-coverage
- Premium assistance for dependent medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - 5 days per year for 1st year, 10 days per year after 1 year of service
- Paid Holidays
- Educational assistance, some certifications and professional memberships paid
- Professional Referral Program