Full Stack Developer to join the Software Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for developing a wide variety of software solutions in a cloud enabled microservices environment. Development will include solutions built for internal and external customer use and will cover the full stack of solution design and build and can have components built for data analytics, business process automation, and frontend presentation and user interaction. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and working on development teams responsible for the intaking new requirements from the business and quickly building working software that delivers business value. This position is an active development role where the candidate will spend a majority of their time writing code and deploying to production systems.
In this position the candidate will be working with the latest technologies on cloud-based providers and will have freedom to explore new creative ways to solve problems using new tools and concepts. Solutions that are developed will be critical to running operations and providing services for a Health Plan committed to delivering the highest quality of healthcare to hundreds of thousands of members.
· Participate with team to work with product owner to refine backlog stories and requirements and plan stories for upcoming sprints.
· Working with development team design architectures and choose tools and methods to build applications that meet the product requirements
· Participating in an agile development sprint choose tasks from the backlog and build working code that meets the acceptance criteria.
· Insure that all code meets the team requirements for testability and performance.
· Insure that all code is deployed into the full application through the CI/CD build process
· Experience developing complex software applications from detailed requirements
· Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills
· Understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
· Skilled in use of static languages such as Java, Scala, etc. and dynamic languages such as node.js, Python, Groovy
· Experience with Relational Databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer
· Experience working with non-relational data stores such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
· Experience with RESTful services and JSON
· Experience working with version control technologies such as Git, TFS, or SVN
· Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
· Experience with test driven development tools such as Sonarqube.
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Experienced in all phases of software development
· Self-starter that works well independently as well as in a team
· Ability to write clean, self-documented code
· Troubleshoot problems with applications and services
Other Plus Skills:
· Experience on streaming data design using Kafka and Kafka Streams
· Experience with cloud services particularly AWS
· Experience with Apache Spark and/or Hadoop
· Experience with ELK stack (Elasticsearch and Logstach)
Engineering team culture:
· Working on the cutting edge of technology using the latest tools
· Time dedicated to discussing & POC-ing product ideas created from ALL employees, including engineering
· Collaborative work environment. Our engineers are super friendly and love to help each other out!
· Weekly 1 on 1 with manager
· Tight-knit relationship with the Product Team & use data-driven decision making
· Bi-quarterly companywide demo day to find out what individuals throughout the company are working on
· Casual environment and dress code. Jeans are allowed, ties are prohibited.