We’re looking for a talented, senior level DBA to advance our database administration and engineering teams. This is a very technical role, spending the majority of the time as an engineer and contributor to the successful delivery of services by this team, and the other time mentoring, innovating and leading.
Technically this person should be an expert DBA, capable of leading their team by example and by contribution. They should be a great teammate, the kind others want to work with, and wants to work with others as well. This role requires a passion for learning and problem solving, and the ability to guide a team towards implementing architectures and solutions that perform at cloud-scale. As a technical leader this person will also provide guidance and mentor team members.
The Sr. Database Administrator will work with the technical infrastructure and development teams to implement, automate and tune new and existing implementations of Relational and Non-Relational Databases, MSSQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB and Big Data technology in mission-critical 24/7 production Enterprise and SaaS environments.
Role and Responsibility
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement and administration of relational and Non-relational databases, MSSQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB and Big Data technology
- Drives continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality across all database platforms
- Evaluate and help develop long-term strategic goals for all enterprise database environments
- Work with engineering and development teams to develop database architectures, coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols and standards in support of infrastructure and development efforts
- Partner with development teams and support application release deployments
- Establish appropriate end-user database access controls, best practices and perform transaction and security audits
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures while developing solutions for automation and scalability
- Mentor and provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced DBAs
- Provide training to development and DBA teams for new and existing technologies
Experience, Qualifications and Education
- 6+ years of database administration experience
- High level experience with Microsoft SQL database technologies
- Experience with non-relational database technologies (Hadoop, Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience managing large-scale databases in a 24/7 Cloud, SaaS or Hosting environment
- Experience in implementing and tuning of enterprise relational database environments
- Experience with HA environments
- Experience with VM technologies
- Experience with SAN technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong, hands-on, working knowledge of relational databases and Data Warehouse environments
- Proficiency with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL languages
- Life cycle experience in architecting new or redesigning existing solutions
- Excellent shell scripting skills.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise wide.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
In addition to competitive salaries, challenging work assignments, and developmental opportunities, The Client offers employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off (PTO), matching 401K, and tuition assistance.