We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator, specializing in SQL Server database. Position requires the ability to maintain and manage multiple databases for both internal and hosted environments. In addition, this position also requires familiarity and experience with multi server, file server and hosting environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors level degree in a technology related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of SQL database administration experience
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server
- Familiarity with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server
- Experience Monitoring and Troubleshooting issues with IO, Memory, and CPU
- Database upgrades in stand-alone, Clustered, and Always-On Availability Group environments
- Flexible, team player, with a “get-it-done” personality
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Familiarity with SSIS and SSRS
· Full time position with an immediate opening.
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Excellent company benefits; health, dental, and life insurance, IRA, vacation and sick days.
· US Citizenship is required.