- This position is for a Senior Firewall Engineer performing support for data networks, with an emphasis on administration, provisioning, and support of firewall rules and infrastructure on Palo Alto NGFW and related technologies. Some Cisco ASA firewalls, VMWare VNC, and Cisco ACI (spine/leaf) is also present in the environment.
- Administers production firewall support requests for project and operational needs.
- Provides troubleshooting support to application/development teams for the firewalls in our environment.
- Leads efforts to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve network incidents
- Responsible for operations and data communication systems, including LANs and/or WANs
- Performs activities related to Network Performance, Lifecycle, Reliability and Problem Management
- Researches and evaluates emerging network and communication technology
- Relevant, recent and hands on experience in designing application data flows necessary for application and system functionality required
- Relevant, recent and hands on experience in designing, configuring and implementing firewall rule sets to ensure data flows are appropriate and secure required
- Relevant, recent and hands on experience with CISCO ASA firewalls in clusters or active/standby configurations required
- Experience with routed mode, transparent mode and Vwire, as well as experience with VPNs, NAT, trunking and troubleshooting using syslog are required
- Interface directly with Application Developers, Cybersecurity analysts, Business Line personnel and other Network Engineering teams to determine the application data flow design and firewall rule sets, along with implementation strategies and timelines.
- Work with other project teams and project managers to implement related secure network solutions
- Work with other IT Infrastructure Specialists and Engineers as well other business unit personnel that support the corporate networks and the electrical grid, gas operations, and other corporate efforts
- Communicate with suppliers to develop solutions to meet the internal customer's needs
- Working knowledge of the planning, design, and troubleshooting of network systems.
- Working experience in managing configurations and upgrades to Palo Alto NGFW's and Panorama
- 7+ Years of direct firewall experience including at least 3 years of Cisco ASA experience
- Working experience with Cisco networks, ASA firewall configuration
- Working understanding of routing and switching technology, IP, and signaling.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework required
- Ability to create and read packet captures
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of F5 Big IP, and/or Nokia MPLS routers.
- Working knowledge of industry trends and products.
- Solid understanding of waterfall and agile project management processes, tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with Splunk for syslog searches
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or business.
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they have shown/demonstrated having 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems, and initiatives leveraged by client. 3+ years of relevant experience required.
Related Skills (Preferred):
- Working knowledge of SSL certs.
- Good understanding of application layer packet headers
- Understands DNS structure and architecture
The Timberline Group
623 Missouri Ave #104, Sullivan, Mo 63080
"Delivering quality solutions through quality people"