Direct activities related to design and analysis of complex information system components from an architecture viewpoint to provide integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Leads the development of architectural principles that support business goals; works with IT specialists and solutions architects to develop IT solution architectures and standards. Leads the process of identifying target IT architecture vision, and development of enterprise systems and data models that support it. Initiates projects to implement the required technical designs and data architecture to meet current and future enterprise information needs. Engages with business owners and influences changes to critical business processes and leads corresponding changes to the in-place architectural model and design. Prepares long-term roadmaps for the achievement of business value through technology projects.
Duties will include:
- Establishes a current and future state architecture vision to support the strategic requirements of the business and identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies.
- Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Ensures compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards, and practices.
- Leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Actively monitors for, and seeks, opportunities, new methods and trends in IT capabilities and products to the advancement. Clearly articulates, and formally reports their benefits.
- Recognizes potential strategic application of IT/OT and initiates investigation and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets to the benefit of organizations and the community.
- Plays an active role in improving the interface between the business and IT.
- Contributes to strategic plan for IT, which satisfies the current and ongoing needs of the organization’s business strategy, and the current and future capabilities of IT.
- Guides IT management on ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of technology processes.
- Responsible for ensuring solutions architects follow IT governance processes to gain approval for POCs (Proof of Concept), Pilots, Funding, Architecture, Go-Live, and Transition to IT Services model.
- Responsible for review and approval of all architectures and solutions to ensure alignment with architecture guiding principles, policies, standards, and IT strategy.
- Oversees and approves the development of domain specific policies and standards (Applications, Development, Data & Analytics, Infrastructure, Security, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7 years' experience required; 10+ years preferred within multiple IT technical domains from among Cyber Security, Applications Development, Infrastructure Operations, Automation, Cloud Operations, Analytics, and other
- Familiarity with IT governance and management including ITIL and TOGAF. Certification preferred
- Possess strong knowledge of current technology domains and the value they can deliver
- Possess strong knowledge of modern technology capabilities and the value it can deliver
- Experience directly managing an enterprise architecture program and its processes.
- Demonstrated ability to consume complex requirements from disparate stakeholders and demonstrate a clear vision for resolving all needs and showing an orderly path to success
- Demonstrates clear leadership. Communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understands the implications of modern technologies. Understands and communicates industry developments, and the role and impact of technology in the employing organization.
- Absorbs complex information quickly and can distil critical information into manageable parts.
- Promotes compliance with relevant legislation and the need for services, products and working practices to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with diverse abilities.
- Takes the initiative to keep both own and colleagues' skills up to date.
- Manages and mitigates risk.