The Enterprise Data Warehouse Lead leads the data architecture to support Data and Analytics. He/She manages the daily activities of the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data repositories, ETL technology and data strategies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive the vision, evolution, and innovation of the intelligent big data warehouse and data governance initiatives.
- Collaborating with all leaders in the Data Analytics organization to define the right scope in which to deliver the right product at the right time.
- Be a technical advisor working alongside the team to build a cohesive ecosystem of systems/services to advance the team charter.
- Lead and grow an inclusive and high-performing team where everyone can contribute and make a difference to the team’s mission.
- Helping and enabling engineers to grow and flourish in a relatively flat engineering organization.
- Routinely assesses processor and storage capacity across the various data warehouse and ETL platforms and forecasts growth.
- Implements best practice change management protocols for a large-scale data warehousing environment.
- Implements monitoring processes to ensure timely delivery of data to data warehouse.
- Installs processes for auditing data warehouses and ensuring data quality.
- Optimizes data warehouse performance.
- Works collaboratively with both engineering teams, business partners and vendor partners.
- Collaborating with partners to strategize, crystalize and build long-term roadmaps for ambiguous business needs.
- Leading cross functional and cross team projects and bringing it to successful completion.
- Building and operating large-scale distributed services for use by other teams; ideally with experience in cloud-based platforms.
- Building and leading a team of engineers; ideally with experience leading remote employees.
Understanding team needs and learning new approaches to increase representation through additive hiring.
- Exercising strong judgment and making thoughtful decisions with ambiguous situations. Striking the right balance between providing context vs. giving direction. Trading off short-term wins vs. long-term success based on various constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years data warehouse experience, including cloud technologies and iPaas
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Broad understanding of data architecture, dimensional data modeling, structured and unstructured data, data warehouse, data integration, ETL processes and analytics.
- Deep working knowledge of SQL programming.
- Deep knowledge of database integrity and security standards.
- Experience with Boomi, PowerBI, SQL Server, Alteryx, and Netsuite
- Experience working in an agile delivery framework and leading scrum teams.