The Software Architect
will be an important and influential member of the IT Development Team. The person will need superior expertise gained from extensive experience and industry research of best practices within application design, coding, database and architecture. Position will contribute to a team project predominately focusing on architecture, and development. You will work with a team typically in an Agile methodology completing various development and coding initiatives.
Reports to: Principal IT Architect
- Designing software solutions to meet client’s various business and technical needs.
- Mentoring and guiding a team of developers, testers and analysts throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Analyzing application specifications and technology approaches to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future product releases.
- Investigating future oriented products and taking ownership of driving resolution and making proposals that may include reusable components.
- Working with business analysts and management to recommend future application solutions.
- Producing Architectural Specifications and detailed design specifications for large-scale and complex projects to reinforce our technical product and architectural standards.
- Collaborating with business analysts to diagnose and resolve complex defects identified.
- 10+ years IT experience, with at least 8 years of application development experience
- At least 5 years of development experience in .NET (especially C# and ASP.NET).
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented design principles
- Extensive experience with WCF, developing web services in the .NET environment, service oriented architecture, and multi-tier software design and development.
- Past experience with responsive design and designing applications for mobile devices required.
- Experience with SPA frameworks such as Angular or Aurelia.
- Extensive experience doing data modeling, writing SQL queries, and working with databases (SQL Server, DB2 etc) required.
- Experience working as an architect and delivering successful projects in an agile environment is required.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies, and involvement in the complete product development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, science or engineering required.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to coach more junior staff members.
- Experience with developing SOA and/or Microservices.
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation.
- Knowledge of secure coding standards.
- B2B and B2C ecommerce experience.
- Experience interfacing with corporate ERP systems for order entry or inventory management.
- PHP or dynamic programming language experience
- Experience working in retail or consumer products industry