Sr. Compliance Project Manager
Job Profile Summary
The Senior Compliance Project Manager position will be responsible for project management functions of the Compliance and Internal Audit departments. This position functions as the liaison among the compliance and audit group, business operations leaders, technology groups, business partners, and various project stakeholders to understand, analyze and facilitate the effective and efficient implementation and execution of key compliance and audit projects. Additionally, this position will be tasked with identification of best practices and creating standards, tools, and templates to leverage across projects, the team, and the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop & maintain collaborative relationships with external clients, external business partners, internal business leaders and business & technology stakeholders including Functional Department Heads, Product Managers, Data Architects, Development Managers, QA & Testing, and Development Operations, as appropriate, to establish priorities and provide ongoing updates.
- Develop & maintain excellent relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Monitor existing project and pipeline activity and ensure resources are staged to support.
- Guide Department leaders through the prioritization and sequencing of various projects to ensure proper resource assignments and identify potential collisions.
- Conduct change impact analyses to assess the potential implications and risks of changes across all projects and work with Department leaders to formulate strategies to manage the changes.
- Develop & implement standardized processes, systems, and tools to initiate, plan, control, execute and close projects and programs associated with various strategic initiatives, operational changes, compliance requirements and technology and/or operational improvements. Escalate issues to management as needed to keep projects on track or return to established timelines within a reasonable period.
- Maintain resource loading analysis, as needed, to assure adequate project and program staffing.
- Report on the status of all assigned projects to communicate the overall health of each project.
- Implement processes and tools that provide clear information for stakeholder decisions, including time and cost investments.
- Induce proactive issue and risk management strategies to ensure early identification and effective communication to the Senior Leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, three or more years of experience relevant to described duties, and at least one year of management responsibility.
- Knowledge of the project management field and previous experience with project management best practices.
- Advanced leadership skills.
- Experience in Client Delivery responsibilities and methodologies.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodology.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in management consulting, corporate PMO, business analysis, requirements gathering, business optimization, process improvement, technology product management, or similar positions at a large company.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and facilitate team meetings.
- Deep knowledge of business analysis and project management process, management software tools, templates and techniques.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to convert technical insights into simple, everyday language to deliver an understandable story.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise wide.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Facilitation experience in complex, high risk, group dynamics including design workshops, facilitating sessions and working with teams.
- Ability to apply business process principles to ambiguous and complex business problems to translate operational challenges into working solutions.
- Ability to develop metrics, collect data, analyze data to identify root cause and measure performance.
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.