The Backend Developer will work in a team environment using a variety of technologies for building leading edge solutions for both internal as well as customer facing operations solutions. This position will be responsible for building products, supporting experiences and services, delivering in a fast, agile, and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. The ideal candidate should be passionate about building, improving, and championing their work.
State the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position
|Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support daily operations of the call center and ensuring the daily health of the Guardian Angel suite of applications
- Responsible for routine maintenance as needed
- Assist in new development as we expand the scope and behavior of the applications
- Upgrade and maintain the core background processes that keep day to day operations running
- Work with various API’s to help integrate our systems into additional third-party offerings
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development; new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
- Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written; and then designs; codes; tests; debugs and documents programs.
- Participates in the technical design; development; testing; implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
- Conducts systems tests; monitors test results; and takes appropriate corrective action.
- May prepare technical user guides.
- Other projects or responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred (or 4+ additional years work experience)
- 2-5 years’ experience with .NET/C#
- 2-3 years’ experience working within SQL Server
- WCF – Definitely a plus
- Big Data and handling of batched data loading – Nice to have but not mandatory
- Data transformations and EDI processes a plus – Nice to have but not mandatory
- SignalR – A plus but not mandatory
- Experience with multi-threaded processes in .NET
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
- Creative and effective problems solving skills
- Handle multiple priorities which are constantly changing
- Deal with stressful, rapidly changing situations
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively from a remote location